Loads for 22-6mm Remington

Jwood

Anyone loading 40gr 22-6mm Remington with any success?? I am just getting up and running and hunting for some good loads for my new shooter! Would appreciate any help you can give me! Thanking you in advance!!

Jwood

I own a 22-243AI which is somewhat similar. The real advantage of these big case 22's can best be realized with the heavy bullets. I would suggest shooting the heaviest bullets that your barrel will stabilize. What twist do you have?

On the other hand, screaming bullets along at 4,600 ft/sec+ should be a blast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You can find loading data here 22-6mm data

VH

Varmint Hunter,
I had this information already. I was just wondering what loads others shooting the 22-6mm were shooting and if they had found any that they preferred over others. I am shooting the regular 6mm case(not improved). The way this data reads they liked the Alliant Reloader 15 powder. I have not been able to go anywhere to get any yet. Will the regular 6mm case hold 49 to 51 grains?? Or is that a load that would only work in the improved?? Just asking dumb questions before I run out and buy the powder and the case capacity is to small!! Thanks for the feedback!!
Oh yes, I am shooting 1 in 10 twist 26" barrel in a O3 A3 Action!
Jwood
"No Prarie Dog is safe within 500 yards"!!

Varmint Hunter,
I really appreciate the answers to my crazy questions!! For some reason I am unable to get the last link to work. I thought it was probably just my internet connection--but still can't get it to go. Thanks again!!
Jwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks for that link to the ttha web-site. A vary fine bit of information. I have a vary similar ctg with a 35 deg. shoulder using a 1 in 10 twist and found this site to be of great help. Again thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.