Loads for 200gr T.Bonded Bear Claws for the 300 RUM

TRB&B

I picked up two boxes of Speer 200gr T. Bonded Bear Claw bullets for my 300 RUM. My Speer reloading book doesn't show any loading information, and I know these bullets are from older stock. Is there anyone out there that can offer any information.
Thanks David

I'm shooting 92 grains of Retumbo in my 300 RUM with 210 Bergers at about 3080fps. Retumbo is about the best powder out there for velocity and temp stability in the RUM. I'm sure if you started at 89 grains and worked up you'd find somoething that shoots good between 3000 and 3100 fps. Good luck!.

RH

Thank you very much for the information, and it confirms a lot for me. I have been using 89.5gr of Retumbo in my 300 RUM with the 210gr Bergers and it gives me from.50 to .65 groups if I do my part of my end. I believe the Retumbo & 210gr were made for each other.
Thanks again for the information as I'll feel a lot better going in to these loading.
David

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.