Loading for a .300 RUM

durak

I'm curently building a .300 RUM on a blue printed REM 700, 30" Shilen SM barrel and I'm wondering about what powder to use. I'm planning on shooting the 210 gr Berger hunting VLD. I've used H1000 in my .338 Lapua with great results but have had alot of people say that the Ultra mags do not like it. RL25 seems to ne a favorite, but where I live in Utah the temps go to the extreme. What are most of you using?:D

I'll throw Retumbo in the Ring. For that weight bullet though, I would think H1000 or IMR7828 would be a viable option. Others will have better input.

Tank

for hunting retumbo! for shooting a little heat sensitive still it's the best i've found for that berger

88 grains of H1000 works great in mine-----3 inches at 600 yards constantly.
Just shot a rockchuck this last weekend at 1035 yards.

Randy

I shoot a 208 Amax in my RUM. Retumbo may get you more velocity, but with a higher ES than H-1000. My extreme spread is in the single digits using H-100. Im shooting over 3kfps. Right now barely over, but im trying to work up a super accurate load and that velocity is working really well for me, with an extremely low spread.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.