Loading for 300 WSM

nite owl

I'm new here so forgive me for bringing this up as I know it has been several times before I'm sure. What is your favorite powder when loading the 300wsm. The two that I have tried are IMR 4350 with sierra gamekings and Ramshot Hunter with accubonds. Both give excellent results, but just wondering what you fellers like. Thanks

I load for three 300WSM rifles and Ramshot Hunter is the winner in all three. There are lots of good powders out there for the 300WSM, you just have to experiment with different ones to find what your rifle likes. Hunter is a good place to start, you may find none better.

WSM

180 Accubonds almost touching lans and 70.0 grs of Vit N560 has been just awesome in everthing I have put them in.

I have one tikka 300 wsm and have tried Imr 4350, H4350, H380, Reloader 19, and W760. H 4350 and 180 Nosler AB's is my favorite load.

It depends on the bullet weight/profile and your barrell twist.
With a little more info an answer could be more specific.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.