LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

You always may Broz!

If Exbal is doing for you everything you need, I sincerely and respectully say don't spend your money. In my case, I whished for things like 1) The ability to chonograp and have the appliction, right in the field, give me the muzzle velocity correction so I could continue with my testing and long range shooting right there and then. 2) I wanted the corrections for elevation, wind, spin drift with its horizontal correction, coriolis effect with its both, horizontal and vertical correction all in one spagetty ball that I could just dial into my turrets without any more calcualtions. Then my baby Exbal would not cut it and I use the big mama for that!

LB 3.0 is not more complicated to use but it is more involved. And that, is as involved as you want it to be. You could check off coriolis and spin drift to where it won't bather you with that and the info required for those calculations you don't need to worrie about them.
If a person can run Exbal, should be able to run LoadBase without a user manual with very few exceptions.

Thank You! I will carry on with what I have and spend my pennys on powder and bullet to practise with..:) gun) gun)

Jeff

I WANDER LIKE BROZ HOW USER FRIENDLY IS IT . I'M PROBABLY THE WORST PERSON ON THIS WHOLE SITE WITH COMPUTERS JUST LOOKING AT ALL THE OPTIONS MADE ME NERVOUS I HAVE SHOT OUT PAST 1200 YRDS HOW MUCH FURTHER WOULD BE A GUESS . I KNOW WIND WILL MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND DON'T LAUGH, IT SOUNDS A LITTLE REDNECK BUT I LOVE TO FILL UP MILK JUGGS WITH WATER AND WATCH THEM BLOW UP SO WITCH PROGRAM IF EITHER THE NIGHT FORCE OR LOAD BASE WILL GIVE ME THE ACCURATE COME UP TO HIT A MILK JUGG SIZE TARGET @ 8,9,1000 YRDS . I DON'T MEAN TO KEEP TALKING ABOUT NIGHT FORCE I JUST WANT TO GET THE MOST ACCURATE PROGRAM THANKS. gun)

I have found out that both programs are almost identical up to 1000 yards for the come ups and wind calculation using a single wind zone. you can always compensate for spin drift by guessing 3 clicks or maybe 4 clicks of a moa but aside from that for comeups and wind you should do pretty good.
I will tell you what Exbal will definitally does much better the LoadBase, are you ready for this? Speed! Exbal is very fast! LoadBase will make you wait an extra 2 or 3 seconds, whatever it may be since I have not measured that, but LB3.0 is a bit slower. Makes a lot of sence to me concidering all the graphics and how loaded it is.

I have both and prefer the ease of Palm/Exbal for in the field.

MagMan, you're right! when I had just purchased LB2.0 and I would go to that field I would feel more at ease using Exbal because that's the one I had been using and knew well. Lately, I have been using LB2.0/3.0 a lot, and when I go in the field is different; I'm a whole lot more comfortable with LB. It just depends how well you know the particular program you're using.

I've been using LoadBase for a few months now both on my PC and on my PPC and I have to say that I now just use LoadBase and Exbal never gets turned on unless I want to do some comparisons.

If you're an electronics junkie, a data junkie or, if you just like to have the most powerful application you can, then LoadBase is the way to go. You can use all of the features or just part of them but the power is there when you want it.

Gustavo has been great to work with and in talking with him about what's coming up in 3.0, I'm looking forward to it and I can tell you it's going to be way better than 2.0 versions and that's saying something.:)

Like Eaglet said, if the ranges don't get tooo looooong, and you already have Exbal, then you're good to go. But, if you like to be able to control every variable you can and if you want the most power you can get in a PPC in the field, then LoadBase 2.0/3.0 would be the way to go.

I was skeptical at first and didn't order it with the first group buy but I watched and read everything after that and finally broke down and ordered it and my only regret is that I didn't order it when it was first available.

You do have to use it on a Windows based PPC and that means it's gonna use more power than Exbal on say a Palm, but...........the power is worth it. I run a heavy duty battery on on my Dell and power is a non issue now.

You do have to use it on a Windows based PPC

Thank you ss7mm, good post. I had forgotten that it only works on a

Windows based PPC; thanks for clearing that up. It's the age! :rolleyes:

Man i'm leaning toward the load base now . I keep reading yalls posts i feel like if i purchased night force on down the road i'd be upgrading to the 3.0 loadbase . First of all thanks for all the advice your giving me it's awesome to get help from folks that have first hand experience with each program . I have a few questions before i get one 1st. Is it as easy to navigate as nightforce 2nd. Will it work on a dell x30 3rd. Do you have to renew the license or is the 142.00 +tax ball park one time purchase .sorry for all the questions and i'm not so good at typing so it might be hard to understand.

Is it as easy to navigate as nightforce
I don't think so, the NF is easier IMHO.

2nd. Will it work on a dell x30
I have no idea.

Do you have to renew the license or is the 142.00 +tax ball park one time purchase .

One time purchase, you'll get updates periodically and it looks like the 3.0 "upgrade" is going to be retroactive. As I see it they are being very nice about this as it specifically states "upgrades" will require a new license ($$$).....Thank You

If it were me getting all excited (this is a good thing) about which program to purchase knowing that when it showed up I would sit down and give it the attention it requires......I'd choose the LoadBase. That is what I did with the NF Exbal and now that I have something that works so well I find it hard to give LB the right amount of time to "sink in". You won't be disappointed with LB. It may be a little overwhelming at first but it won't last long. Starting out with the very best is never a bad thing.

Thanks mag man, now all i have to do is find out if it will work with my dell . I usually don't have that much patience but when it comes to guns/shooting i'll make time.

I run LoadBase on a Dell Axim X30 and it works great.

Because it's a new and more involved and powerful application than Exbal, it will seem like it's harder to navigate at first, but after a while it all just becomes second nature and you don't even think about it.

As you've already read, licensing is not a problem and updates come pretty regularly and you'll really like 3.0 and it's first versions.

Gus is a great guy to deal with and will answer any questions you might have and doesn't quit until you're a happy user.

THANKS SS7MM, CAN YOU GIVE ME A PHONE # SO I CAN TALK TO GUS AND WOULD I BE ABLE TO GO AHEAD AND BY THE PROGRAM U GUYS HAVE AND THEN BE INLINE FOR THE UPGRADE OR SHOULD I WAITE ??gun)

Another thing, one reason i'm going with load base is i like ,if i understand correctly, i can set the software up to my actual scope adj. I have a 6.5-24-50 lupy. Now if i just knew how to find out my actual scope adj.:)

I don't think you want to call him as he's in South America. Email works great and he will get back to you as soon as he can. Sometimes he's busier than others but is great to talk to. Just remember there is a difference in time zones.

Email him at: [email protected]

Their main web site is here: Ballistics Software from Patagonia Ballistics

If 2.0 users get the update to 3.0, then why wait? You could have it up and running today!:D:rolleyes::D and then you'd have 2.0 to use and still get 3.0. It doesn't get any better than that.

An email to Gus will get you all the answers you need/want.:)

Now if i just knew how to find out my actual scope adj.

This is a very good article Reticle Perpendicularity

It will allow you to check the perpendicularity at the same time as finding out what your exact adjustments are. I threw a scope on the other day and had it zeroed and squared up in 5 shots though I was lucky I didn't have to rotate the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts