LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

A little off topic but have been interested in the Patagonia software for awhile now but have been hesitant to purchase it because of the way they link it to a device in the licensing. I guess what I would like to know if any of you guys that have ran the software for awhile have ever had any problems with the licensing when moving it to another computer or doing a hardware upgrade? From the research I've done and after reading Eaglet's post of a soon to be Loadbase 3 I am very interested again but still a little nervous about the licensing. Have dealt with software that linked to a device in the past and it can be a real pain.

I've never switched out computers since purchasing my license, but I understand where you're coming from. Like if you purchase a new PC. Are you out of luck, and would a person need to purchase a new license? I don't know... We'll see if anyone else replies that may have real life experience with this scenario/issue.

Gents, I have never had any problems in the past. I know that in the license agreement it allows you to license another computer if the original computer breaks; you can even transfer the license from one computer to another by uninstalling it in the one computer and installing it in the other computer. what's more, you can transfer your license to another party if the other party agrees with the license terms. All the above is true for the PC.
I'll get back about the mobile, there's something that have in the works here. :)

I have a dell axium 10 and I was going to purchase a night force program , how does the load base compare with it and what is the license costs?also will it work on my dell ?

I've changed machines since I bought LB2 and it was no problem. Patagonia is a good outfit to deal with. They'll help get everything right for you. Even if you're as computer illiterate as I am...
icon11.gif

I have a dell axium 10 and I was going to purchase a night force program , how does the load base compare with it and what is the license costs?also will it work on my dell ?

JEREMY, Mr. Perry maker of Exbal is the one that makes the Night Force Program. The Package of PC and Pocket PC runs $122.50 (for Exbal); on the other hand, Patagonia Ballistics charges $148.50 for both programs. The very first mobil or hand held, PDA pogram I ever bought was Exbal, even before Patagonia ballistic LoadBase 2.0 came to the market. I like Exbal and I still have it in my PDA.

What's better? You ask. Honestly. they are in seperate levels. LoadBase 2.0/3.0 has become a powerful monster that for starters will chew on multiple wind zones, Spin Drift, Coriolis, either sea level barometric pressure or on Location pressure, using either ATM or DA values capability and all at the same time will vomit on your lap very accurate numbers. And that's not even sratching the surface of the ballistic module; and there are 4 more modules at your disposition for your needs... It's an amazing software!

Last edited:
Eaglet , Question , if I may. I am now using the Exbal on my pda and have been getting along quite well. I strive for one shot cold bore accuracy.

Would the LoadBase 3.0 be as user friendly in the field? What I mean is. Does it require more input of data and take a more computer knowledge to be able to run the numbers and come up wit the dope? I am thinking of in a hunting situation. Or should I stick with what I have and have learned to use effectivly?

Thanks!

Jeff

I WANDER LIKE BROZ HOW USER FRIENDLY IS IT . I'M PROBABLY THE WORST PERSON ON THIS WHOLE SITE WITH COMPUTERS JUST LOOKING AT ALL THE OPTIONS MADE ME NERVOUS I HAVE SHOT OUT PAST 1200 YRDS HOW MUCH FURTHER WOULD BE A GUESS . I KNOW WIND WILL MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND DON'T LAUGH, IT SOUNDS A LITTLE REDNECK BUT I LOVE TO FILL UP MILK JUGGS WITH WATER AND WATCH THEM BLOW UP SO WITCH PROGRAM IF EITHER THE NIGHT FORCE OR LOAD BASE WILL GIVE ME THE ACCURATE COME UP TO HIT A MILK JUGG SIZE TARGET @ 8,9,1000 YRDS . I DON'T MEAN TO KEEP TALKING ABOUT NIGHT FORCE I JUST WANT TO GET THE MOST ACCURATE PROGRAM THANKS. gun)

I JUST WANT TO GET THE MOST ACCURATE PROGRAM THANKS. gun)

The more detail you can put into the program the more accurate your trajectory and windage output will be. I also don't know if either compensates for the actual distance your scope tracks with each click(not what the mfg states it does but what it really does).

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the advice i'm leaning toward the night force software . I seen the guys on u tube with the 408 shoot some longe range and i believe shawn @ defensive edge uses the night force so i'm probably going to give it a try .

The more detail you can put into the program the more accurate your trajectory and windage output will be. I may be out of line here but I don't think Exbal factors both drifts or at least until you get to a certain distance. I also don't know if either compensates for the actual distance your scope tracks with each click(not what the mfg states it does but what it really does).

LB 2.0 allows the user to program any click value for the scope. You can program in 0.222"/click/100yds or 0.276"/click/100yds, or any other value of your choice. There are three units options available for programming scope turrets: 1) in units of inches/click/100yds, 2) in units of Mils (mil-radians), or 3) units of MOA. And any input value for any one of these three units of input are possible. In other words, I'm not aware of any scope on the market whose actual turret clicks couldn't be programmed into LB 2.0 ballistic software. If your scope has turrets calibrated in units of inches/click/100yds, in MILS, or MOA, LB 2.0 can accomodate it.

Can't speak for Exbal or Nightforce ballistics software. Never owned or used it.

Any ballistics software requires that good input data be manually programmed. Garbage in - garbage out applies to any computer program. The better/more accurate the input data, the better the projected ballistics.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up phorwath. I may hang in there a little longer for the LoadBase release as I was about to purchase FFS untill Eaglet threw this wrench in my gears:D.

Last edited:
Eaglet , Question , if I may. I am now using the Exbal on my pda and have been getting along quite well. I strive for one shot cold bore accuracy.

Would the LoadBase 3.0 be as user friendly in the field? What I mean is. Does it require more input of data and take a more computer knowledge to be able to run the numbers and come up wit the dope? I am thinking of in a hunting situation. Or should I stick with what I have and have learned to use effectivly?

Thanks!

Jeff

You always may Broz!

If Exbal is doing for you everything you need, I sincerely and respectully say don't spend your money. In my case, I whished for things like 1) The ability to chonograp and have the appliction, right in the field, give me the muzzle velocity correction so I could continue with my testing and long range shooting right there and then. 2) I wanted the corrections for elevation, wind, spin drift with its horizontal correction, coriolis effect with its both, horizontal and vertical correction all in one spagetty ball that I could just dial into my turrets without any more calcualtions. Then my baby Exbal would not cut it and I use the big mama for that!

LB 3.0 is not more complicated to use but it is more involved. And that, is as involved as you want it to be. You could check off coriolis and spin drift to where it won't bather you with that and the info required for those calculations you don't need to worrie about them.
If a person can run Exbal, should be able to run LoadBase without a user manual with very few exceptions.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.