LoadBase 2.0 Ballistics--Users' Discussions

Stormrider,]
I'm glad you got it going! Your expirience is good to know, will help some one else down the line.

I just installed it where the program wanted to and had absolutely no problems.:)

Thanks.

UCA?

It was explained to me this way!

"The User Account Control (UAC) is a new security component Windows Vista. UAC enables users to perform common tasks as non-administrators, called standard users in Windows Vista, and as administrators without having to switch users, log off, or use Run As.

A standard user account is synonymous with a user account in Windows XP. User accounts that are members of the local Administrators group will run most applications as a standard user.

By separating user and administrator functions while enabling productivity, UAC is an important enhancement for Windows Vista."

Hope this helps some!

Chuck

Patagonia Ballistics! Lowlight Speaks out!!

How's it going Fellows any new and good things to report or any thing at all to report!

Thanks,
Chuck

How's it going Fellows any new and good things to report or any thing at all to report!

Thanks,
Chuck

Every time I have a chance I tinker with the program and compare it to other programs and just trying to understand how the program is designed to run by reading the manual and so on.

From old data that I have and seen what my sendero is doing at 930, yards and 840 yards, I was thinking some how I was having air current lifts and so and by plugging some number on LoadBase, I'm seeing better light, Numbers are way closer at distances over 700 yards.

if I ever get to shooting through the chono at 0, 100, 200, and 300, let LoadBase do it's magic and shoot at longer ranges, I'll be happy to post it!

Have a good day.

Me too!

I noticed the same thing. In fact Rick always said to hold at the bottom of the target. I think some of the systems deals put it high! Actually the programs are showing them a little too high on the comeups which makes it hit high!

I can't wait to get out and put it to use!

Chuck

Last edited:
Patagonia feedback from customers!!

Here's some customer feedback from around the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message comes from the owner Gustavo F. Ruiz.........

From time to time, it's good to share what our worldwide users say about LoadBase 2.0

We like to listen what they have to say and it's from their comments that we can make a better, quality product. Since we have been in business for a short time, it's refreshing to be in touch.

from USA :

"...By the way, i dont know what algorythm you used but the output that it gave me for 1000 was within a 1/4 moa at 1000yds. All of the other programs that I was using was off by at 4 moa. I confirmed this with the hard data that I took on range.

When I input the variables to match the range that day, i almost fell out of my chair. I think I got a little more than I bargained for with this program, I really love the scope reticule feature, that was a wonderful suprise. Thanks..."

from UK :

"...Hi with regards to your software accuracy, I have just compared my real world 1000 yard FGMM 175SMK data with the software and it is EXACTLY correct....

This is rapidly looking like it will be my primary software for ballistics, once you guys get it set up for Mobile platforms as well it looks to be an unbeatable package. Being mobile (perhaps even synching with the desktop solution, making it then a unique product) would make this solution perfect .

I am very impressed with you software and ASTOUNDED at your service..."

Thanks for reading,
Chuck

Hey How's it going!

Anyone had any problems or usefull data yet!

I've been busy chasin' doves the last few days.

My Lab holds a gun on me and makes me go huntin' every chance we get.

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck,

I wish my dogs would force me to go hunting? But my attack yorkies are too small to hold a gun on me. Best they can do is lick my to death when I come home from a business trip! LOL!

So far so good on the program. The drag coefficient is the wild card factor of the program from what I've found. Very very small changes with the 100 velocity can drastically change the coefficient drag input number, but only has small effects of the output of the program.

This feature can really help massage your output results to match your actual field data.

Lot's of cool features I wish my other programs had. Still finding new stuff each time I go poking around.

Chuck

I still haven't gotten mine up and running yet, I have not tried to disable my whatever that needs to be done since I have Vista.
Between work and remodeling a house I haven't made the time.

Still would have preferred that he just send a disk that would be easy to use with Vista-would have been simpler for the slow of technology like myself.

A Big Thanks To Eaglet For Sending me A Website that Told ME Where To Turn Off My UAC--It Works It Works!!!!

Thanks Indeed!

Yes Sir that Eaglet he's da man !

Thanks for being such a help Eaglet!

Glad to see that you got it up and running even with the new Vista program.

Chuck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.