load recipe for 6.5-06ai

southernundertaker

looking for some tried load data for a new riffle my buddy built. i know he is going to be loading up 140g VLDs with lapua brass. would greatly appreciate any pointers!lightbulb

59 grains Retumbo and a fed 215 or 59.3 and a fed 210. I've had several over the years and they all loved those two loads.

My Model 70 6.5-06 AI is about a month away. It is being Nitrocarburized. It has a 9 twist. I was planning on using 130 Accubonds and 130 Bergers. Do you have any suggestions for the lighter bullet? I have a bigger case for the 140s.

My "go to" load is 66.6 gr of Retumbo in the 6.5 WSM for 140 Berger Hunting VLDs . I am fine with 215Ms but have had to use CCI 250s because I did not horde the Federals when they were available.

I've never messed with the 130's in the 6.5-06AI but I'd bump up a grain over the 140's and start working up from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.