Load development/fireforming

Hey Cowboy !
Just joshing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifHaying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif man! this time of year is brutal, did'nt mind the spring cut ,but the midsummerone was always un fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Glad I don't do it anymorebut also glad that I used to be able to .
No , I did'nt use my video camera yet( great idea anhd works good)I did the simpler but more time consuming way. I drove my truck to the target (at least it was only 300 yds.) marked the shot ,then drove back and did it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifThere are a couple of upsides to this , one , I get a little a/c on me (it's been right at a hundred with humidity like you were ten feet under)and two my bbl stay about the same temp. shot to shot. I think I like #1 best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
If you seat your fireform loads touching the rifling with a powder charge a couple of grains short of max for the std. .243 you will have no trouble. I have had no failures/case losses doing this. Will continue to let everyone know how its going .
Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.