Load data request: 375 H&H magnum

creophus

Looking to load some 300gr Sierra Soft points. I have Varget, 748, & Benchmark on hand. What I don't have are magnum primers.

You guys have any data that says I can load some rounds with standard primers?

Looking to load some 300gr Sierra Soft points. I have Varget, 748, & Benchmark on hand. What I don't have are magnum primers.

You guys have any data that says I can load some rounds with standard primers?
I like Imr 4320 and Imr 4350 with 300 grain pills in my 375 H&H. I use magnum primers in jacketed loads, but with a 280 lead and rl 7 I do use a fed 210. Just don't light your 748 with a standard primer in that big a case(760 is a better powder for the 375). I use 70 gr 4320 with the 300 tsx and it does 2550 fps woth sub moa groups. I use 78 I 4550 with a 300 dgs and it wil stay below 1.5 moa. Both are with the cci 250. I've used rl15 in the 375 also, but it's been 12 years or so.
Hodgdon shows a max of 62 grains at 2454 fps with the 300 sierra with Varget.

Thanks for that info.
yep

sorry I didn't see much data for 748 or benchmark, but they are a bit fast for the 375.
With medium speed stick you can use a wlr or 210 in the 375, but if you will hunt cold temp. I'd go mag. primer. I pretty much use a mag primer in '06 class or above.

I don't have a load for 300s but my go to everything load is 265 grain Nosler accubond with H 4895 68 grains...........they were clocked at 2650fps.......killed everything so far including Lion and Eland almost instantly....hope this helps.

FWIW I was originally going to use 300s but after using these there wasn't any need to going heavier (for me at least) and result in more recoil. Best wishes.....:D

I don't have a load for 300s but my go to everything load is 265 grain Nosler accubond with H 4895 68 grains...........they were clocked at 2650fps.......killed everything so far including Lion and Eland almost instantly....hope this helps.

FWIW I was originally going to use 300s but after using these there wasn't any need to going heavier (for me at least) and result in more recoil. Best wishes.....:D
I've worked with the 260 accubonds and I 4320. They flat buck, but I never did get them over the Oehler or the CED. I went up to 72 grains 4320 on the 260 with a mag primer.
I went to 300 grain pills because of equal or better accuracy and nearly the same speed as 270 and lighter. If you have one with a tapered throat(the new haven win's for instance) you have to fill the throat or it won't shoot, so a 300 is about the only choice. My current rifle is a rem sps limited edition liteweight, and it still prefers 300's.

The best group I've gotten out of the 375 was with a 270 speer over 70gr I4320 and a CCI mag primer in rem brass at 3.600" oal..(molly coated bullets).
.300" at 100 yards. I've only got a 6x fixed Nikon on my rifle.

My favorite caliber to reload for. Been shooting this in three guns for several years. I have shot both the 260 Accu bonds and the 300 Grn Sierras. Out to about 1200 yards the Accu bonds have far superior ballistics. That being said I'm loading a batch of 300s tonight. My go to powder is 4064 or h4891 using Norma brass and of course magnum primers either federal or CCI. I have found the 375 to be fairly forgiving; however, work up loads carefully.

300 grain Sierra gameking 78 grains of h4891sc Norma brass CCI mag primer .66 average groups

260 grained Accu bond 80 grains of 4064 normal brass CCI magnum primer .79 average

Excuse my ignorance but how do you shoot a group that is smaller than the diameter of the bullet, thanks for the reply.

Excuse my ignorance but how do you shoot a group that is smaller than the diameter of the bullet, thanks for the reply.
center to center in a tight little cloverleaf
I later found out the scope rings were loose but the scope couldn't move because it was pinched slightly by the rings anyway(front to back). Got that taken care of and it shoots even better. I'm out of the 270 and don't plan to buy more, it likes the 300 tsx a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.