load data needed

col48

hi has anyone got data on the 270 wsm,shooting 135g smk
i am trying to find out what is the max load for this using
VV N165
thanks
Colin

Somewhere just shy of 68gr. Found pressure signs at 69.4 in the rifle I was using. Start low and work up bla bla bla...

hi
lets say it was about 80 f and i am using 65.3g n165
now i have had good groups with this load,but every time i fire it i am getting hard bolt lift.i have no other signs of over pressure.but what i am getting is this need to bump the shoulders back,now i did this 2" and she shot 1! group.
she was printing .3 before this happened.now i have only shot the cases 1 time and am on the second firring now.
all so i seem to have a problem with the plunger spring being to heavy,IE spring needs shortening.(this is easy to do
the other thing is
27072006130.jpg

27072006129.jpg

27072006128.jpg

27072006127.jpg

27072006126.jpg

27072006125.jpg

27072006124.jpg

27072006123.jpg

is this what is causing the problem with having to bump the shoulders back after every firring,

what do you lot think.
i hope you can understand what i am trying to get across to you
this is a nesika k action if any one is familiar with them
thanks
Colin

Hey Colin

Did you see those photos before you sent them? They are so very far out of focus I cant even tell what they are suppose to be. Can you send some that are in focus so we may be of some help? The ones I opened are just awful.

hi
the quality of the photos where not important,(i only have a phone camera)i was trying to point out the parts of the case that where coming in contact with the bolt.not show the marks,
i have now found the problem,and i will try to explain.

right,the base of the case (IE the part of the case where the primer goes in to the case) is meant to seat on to the face of the bolt,now the web of the case is hitting the external bolt face before the bottom of the case can seat on the bolt face.
this seams to be y every time i shoot the rifle i need to bump the shoulder back on the case,because the web is being forced forward,just before the base of the case can be forced against the bolt face,

right if you have followed that, then i think to sort the problem out what i need to do is,
find out what the measurement from the bolt face to the external bolt face should be.then have the bolts external measurement shortened by a few thou,or to what ever it should be.
has anyone followed what i am trying to say
thanks
Colin

colin,
I have the same identical marks on my cases in my .270 win after 1 firing. There are no other pressure signs. The gun is a model 70 featherweight. I, however, never had to bump the shoulder back on the cases, but I always wondered what was causing it.

I have to bump the shoulder on every firing on my 270WSM. I've read this to be common on the WSM's for the most part. No big deal, bump the shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.