Load data for 6.5X47 Lapua

Natty Bumpo

I'm having a rifle built in 6.5X47. So far the only published load data I've been able to find is from the new Vhitavouri manual. Of course, that data is only for Vhitavouri powders which I'll have to order (can't get 'em locally). Does anyone have any other sources of published data or experience loading for this cartridge?

P.S. - was going to order a chronograph. I figure if I don't exceed the max velocities in the published data with other powders with a similar burn rate, I should be OK if I have to develop loads on my own.

rl 15 works well with 123 smks in my 6.5x47....on vacation so can't look up my load, but am pretty sure I topped out around 40gr.

6.5X47 Load Data

I shoot Lapua 123's with RL-15 at 37.5 gr. Chronoed 5 rounds today at 85 degrees at 2960fps, 5 runds went into .471.
I have went as high as 39.0 gr and had no gain in velocity, which indicates to me that 37.5gr is near max in my rifle.

Not sure what weight bullets you will be using. But I am in the final stages of working up a load for my 6.5x47L. I am shooting molied 140gr Bergers. Today I loaded up 5 rounds with 37.5 gr of RL 15 and shot a .301" group off sand bags with velocities 2873 - 2886fps and not showing any real preasure signs. I'm sure you will like this caliber. It seems to really want to shoot

Good luck
Duane

I'm also looking at this as an option together with the 6mm version as opposed to 243AI - take a look at 6mmhot.com as well.

IMO hands down go the 6mm route, unless barrel life is a huge concern for you.

I'm also looking at this as an option together with the 6mm version as opposed to 243AI - take a look at 6mmhot.com as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.