Limbsaver or which pads ????.

Alfred Crouch

I want to put a recoil pad on my Rem Model 7 in 7mm SAUM caliber. I have heard that limbsaver pads help reduce recoil. I have been told that Pachmayr makes a similar pad that grinds better during the installation process. Are they similar in quality, effectiveness etc. I have not used either and do not know anything about either. Any experience or advice will be appreciated. Thanksl

I have used both and I think the Limbsaver is the best you can buy. The grinding is the same for both pads as I haven't noticed one being any better than the other, but the recoil reduction I believe is best with the limbsaver

+1 on the limbsaver. They turn a hard sharp kick into a shove. You might want to check the templates at (LimbSaver : Recoil Pad Templates), the Remmy ADL/BDL may fit without the need to grind. I put one on my Remmy LSS, and the fit was pretty close. It wasn't perfect, but it was very close. Just print out some of the closer templates (make sure you don't have the scale to fit option on during printing), and see how they line up.

I get the largest Limbsaver and then DO NOT grind to fit stock butt.
The more area against the shoulder the lower the local force on the flesh.
I have been covering the reveal with an Eagle Industries Shooter's Stock Pack Rifle 350002
Eagle Industries*::*Pouches*::*Misc Pouches*::*Shooter's Stock Pack Rifle
The Cheek rest - ammo pouch - ammo belt costs ~ $47 delivered and is military quality.

53_Alt_1.jpg

With a 7mmRemMag 162 gr bullet 3050 fps from a rifle that weighs 9 pounds with scope and sling, there is no pain, just a big push.

I get the largest Limbsaver and then DO NOT grind to fit stock butt.
The more area against the shoulder the lower the local force on the flesh.
I have been covering the reveal with an Eagle Industries Shooter's Stock Pack Rifle 350002
Eagle Industries :: Pouches :: Misc Pouches :: Shooter's Stock Pack Rifle

53_Alt_1.jpg

With a 7mmRemMag 162 gr bullet 3050 fps from a rifle that weighs 9 pounds including scope and sling, there is no pain, just a big push.

With a 338WM 250 gr bullet 2600 fps from a 9.25 pound rifle including scope and sling, there is not pain, just a big push.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.