Like Father Like Son

yotefever

Just thought I would post Rich Mertz's pistol shoot results, at least one of them.
I hope you don't mind Ernie but here is your SP post.
"Erik (15 years old) shot a 5-shot group at 1,000 yards that measured 8 3/8" with 4 of the shots measuring under 3 inches
Erik was using my McMillan BR rear-grip stocked XP-100, chambered in 6.5-284/Brux barrel/chamber, brake, and bedding work done by Jim See of Center Shot Rifles."
And here one of our sponsors did the gunsmithing.

It seems the youngsters had their way at the match this year.

Man that's some nice shootin . Can you post some pics ? I would like to see the pistol that shot that group:)

I am really proud of my son!!!
He also had 5-shot with a 6" group at 750 yards with the same rig.
This specialty pistol was put together to specifically be competitive against rifles at 1,000 yard rifle matches and for LR pd'ing and goofing on steel.
Scope is the new VX-3 Leupold 8.5-25 (dot reticle)-Erik really like the target dot! 20 MOA Near Manufacturing pic rail.
He is shooting off of a SEB Coaxial Rest, Lapua brass, Hydrid 100V, Fed match primers and 140 A-Max's. Trigger is a Jewel, set right at 2 ounces, maybe 2.5.

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

Like father, Like Son????

More like a chip off the "Ole Block" if you ask me!!! Well done Erik, before long you'll be giving lessons to your dad???

Love that muzzle brake!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland

Congratulations Erik, That is some great shooting, keep it up.

The smile on your face says it all.

Nice shooting eric , if i had a group like that i'd be smiling to.:D congradulations to you ernie for allowing your son to be involved in a great sport. I raced dirt bikes while in my teen years and it kept me out of trouble, while people i went to school with were getting high on drugs i was getting high on my cr 250:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts