Lightweight quality camera`s

Hey guys, was thinking it might be time for a new backpack hunting camera. Anyone know of any that have a decent zoom and are fairly small? Also what about waterproof case`s?
Thanks

My wife bought me a nikon coolpix aw100 for Christmas. It is dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof to 33 ft. The digital zoom actually works pretty decent with the stabilizing feature on. More of a point and click camera but it also has a kind of neat GPS feature (keeps track of where you take pics). I havent used it on any hunts yet but am excited to

I picked up a Sony... can't remember the model but easy enough to find. It is a ruggedized camera, rated for up to a 6' fall, waterproof, Ziess wide angle lense, especially recommended for low light. I've used it for a year now and it has been a great camera, far better photo quality than the olympus it replaced.

My wife also bought me the Nikon aw100 for Christmas. It replaces my old Olympus digital and it's small and flat enough for a cargo pocket. It takes good enough photos for the field trophy shots and should be tough enough if it lives up to its hype. Likin' it so far.

There is a long 3page thread on this same subject down in Equipment discussion"small camera" may be helpful. I have a water proof type ,must for me

Thanks guys, I ended up getting a nikon coolpix s6200. I mainly chose it because it has a 10x optical zoom and a fairly wide angle lense for a compact camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.