LH Mini Actions?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Outlaw6.0, May 14, 2013.

1. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Gents,

I've run the gamut & have come up empty handed. I've been toying with the idea of building a 17 Hornet for no other reasons than the fact that I want one :rolleyes: It's gotta be a repeater & it's gotta be left handed. You'd think I was searching for a trilingual supermodel wife over 6' tall who cooks, cleans, hunts & mechanics on the side..... :D

I can't find anything small enough from any of the custom action makers except Cooper & it's a single shot (IIRC). Forget anything LH in a factory rifle, CZ makes the 527 in 17 Hornet but no LH models as of yet (the story of my life :rolleyes:). I did email CZ inquiring as to whether or not they will offer the 527 LH in 17 & they replied honestly that it depended on the popularity of the cartridge.

So, action guru's & small cartridge gods. I convey my wishes unto you oh ye of infinite wisdom. Any thoughts?

t

2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Man I like where your going, I've been itching to do some kind of 17 hornet. I know I saw a custom shortie action that looked awesome like a mini defiance but I'm not near my laptop so I don't have a name.

3. Outlaw6.0

TEASE!! That just ain't right :D

Montana Rifle Company advertises for a "mini" action but their website says they are not in production yet...

I could always try to find a LH CZ 527 in 22 Hornet & build the 17 I guess... IF I can find one.

t

4. bigngreen

I want to say I saw or on accurate shooter.

5. Outlaw6.0

Thank god, if you'd have saw it on Inaccurate Shooter i'd be worried.....:rolleyes: (yes i'm bored).

Guess i'll cruise over there & check it out. Thanks BNG.

t

6. bigngreen

Maybe it was Texas heartshot.com.

7. Outlaw6.0

Ah, my favorite site. Many insightful members amassed there.

I see Barnard makes a model S (small) LH action....

t

8. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

9. Outlaw6.0

I've seen one of those somewhere... might be just the ticket. & yes, my thought was to buy something in the hornet & Swap barrels. Being a southpaw, I'm pretty much used to paying twice as much to get what I want.

Thank you BTW, I will look into those as well.

t