Leupy with custom turret?

What do you guys think bout' the custom elevation turret for the Leupy scopes?
I guess if you give them the ballistic coeficient, bullet weight, velocity, elevation at the target, and air temp, they will etch the turret for meter or yard come ups.
I'm shooting a 338 Rumy and 300gr matchkings.

Thanks in advance.

Leupold Mark IV, with M3 Turrets..

'The M3 series scopes have a Bullet Drop Compensator knob in place of the standard elevation knob. The scope is sold with .223, .308, 30-06, and 300 Win Mag cams included. The knobs are are lower profile than the M1 series with 1-MOA elevation clicks and 1/2-MOA windage clicks. Both knobs can be reset to zero after sighting in. The M3 also has the parallax correcting focus knob on the left side of the scope, ie. the "3 knob" signature of the Leupold Ultra scope. 3.5-10x power, 30mm tube, 40mm objective lens.
Reticle: Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle, 3/4 min.'

I use this scope on an .300 win mag, shooting 200 grain accubonds...
I like it a lot,
However:
1-MOA elevation...I would like less, i.e. 1/2 MOA...or even 1/4 MOA.
Single turn elevation knob is nice...I don't lose track as much.
Markings on standard Leupold M3 elevation turret can be confusing...at times.
I have been thinking about changing to Kenton Industries Turrets with simplified markings,
while, retaining single turn!!
I would like 5X more magification, i.e. 3.5X15...and 50mm objective.
With this change, perhaps this would be the best scope for me, and the conditions in which I shoot.

Cheers...

Bruce ~~___/)~*~

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.