leupold who can instal new recticle and TT in 30mm LR

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Coyboy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I purchased a 4X14X40 VXIII LR. Only problem is the finger adjustable turrets are small and plastic and can't be slipped back to 0 once sighted in. Can they be replaced with a target turret or M1? Next problem I found the scope at an unbelivable price $359. But It had the heavy duplex recticle only. This is not as big a problem as the turrets but how would I go about having this changed? Can only leupold do this? and can they fit it with different turrets?

Any info or suggestions appreciated, Jim

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

go to www.premierreticles.com.

They are in Winchester vA and are a leupold warranty station also. (540) 868-2044 Dick Thomas is the owner and great guy. He has done several of my scopes.

BH

3. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

BH, thanks I checked out Dicks site and sent him mail. Looks like he has some great options for me.

Much apreciated, Jim

4. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

You can send the scope back to leupold and have them install 1/4" click target knobs for around 120-150 dollars. They can also change the reticle in your scope but I don't know the price on that. I know for installing target knobs it takes about 5 days.

5. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

Check out the factory &amp; Premier. Often, the factory is cheaper. Turn around from Leupold is fast. At least Premier is factory authorized, and you won't lose your warranty like some other folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I'll give leupold a call also.

7. 243hunter

243hunter Member

what about bushnell do they make any TT OR IS THERE ANY PLACE THAT SELLS THEM

8. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

M1 turrets can be put on any Leupold 30mm scope by leupold or Dick Thomas. I deal with premier cause he's only an hour away.

JS

9. bigdog2

bigdog2 Member

I just had the reticle in two older leupold scopes changed and both together cost less than $120 and they shipped them back in one week. Went to a single Leupold Dot.