Leupold Vx3- Can they dial up accurately ??

Down Under Hunter

I have a VX 3 4.5 -14 LR 30 mm scope. As I am putting a custom gun together and after the gun is built I may need to use this scope for a while before I go to nxs 5-22 nxs.

Will the Leupold be reliable for click adjustments if I have it fitted with target knobs ??

Any thoughts ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mine is super reliable, it's a Vari-X III Tactical, 4.5-14x40 AO w/ mil-dot. I have learned through experience that dialing DOWN is much more accurate than dialing UP... so, I dial a bit past the intended adjustment then dial down to intended range. ~JT

Thanks for that !

Can you tell me which style turrets I should have for long range hunting and some target work ? Do they have a zero stop andwhich style would be the most simple to understand ?? What do you think of the BDC from Leupold ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I used my Leupold 8.5-25 LR/T a couple weekends ago at a 1000yd range. Worked from 100-1000 and back down without any problems. Mines on the money.

I don't use BDC, I just dial my MOA in.

My vari-X-III 3.5x10AO wouldn't do a box test well enough to use on coyotes. Had a Ruger 77V 243. I might send it back to get worked on sometime.

[ QUOTE ]

Will the Leupold be reliable for click adjustments if I have it fitted with target knobs ??

Any thoughts ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I once bought a VX3 mildot from a member here. It has one factory installed target turret and I used it on a Sako TRG-S 338 LM for about 250 rounds. Then the rifle went kaboom - the stock said goodbye and I was quite lucky not to break my nose or worse.

The scope used to work flawlessly and it still does on another rifle, I did all those "square-tests" whatever. Very reliable - both in terms of durability and "click-accuracy".

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts