Leupold - VX-III, Vari X III, & VX3 - difference?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by acloco, Jun 15, 2009.

1. acloco

acloco Well-Known Member

Looked on their website, but cannot find what the real difference is between the three different models. Anybody?

2. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Vari-X III is oldest, then VX-III, then VX3 is brand new. I think they advanced the coatings and stuff on em, but I'm not expert.

3. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

On the VX-3 they use the Xtended Twilight Lens System. Basically it is just new coatings for better light transmission and low light visibility. Also the lenses are supposed to be harder to scratch.

they are a very premium scope, i have been very impressed with all the new models we have recieved.

have a good un
    steve

4. wisecada

wisecada New Member

5. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

I was also told the erector springs in the VX-3 have been beefed up.

Mike @ CSGW

6. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I talked to Leupold a while back about this. All model VX-3's got an upgraded lens coating system. They say it's not really any better in low light conditions, but the edges are clearer with slightly better image quality. The 1" tubes got a dual erector system, the 30 mm tubes already had this.

7. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

When I was looking at buying a leupold for LR i had called and talked to a couple different tecs (to see if they all said the same thing...lseems to vary sometimes). They all told me the same thing as on their website, the III's had a single spring erector system and the VXL's and MK4's had better coatings and dual spring erector systems. The new 3's have the better coatings and dual springs.