Leupold VX-6 Tracking

mattkent

My brother in law has a 3-18x50mm VX-6 on a 300 Weatherby. The rifle is sighted in at 300 yards. We click and shoot all the way out to 500 yards, and the tracking does fine. When we track all the way back to zero, the 300 yard shot is always low when we set the turrets back to zero. Does anybody have problems with the VX-6 tracking? Is it not a reliable scope for long distance shooting?

Just took my VX-6 3-18X50 with ZL out shooting yesterday. I have it sighted in at 100 yards shot three shots dialed out to 425 shot 2 rounds dialed back to zero and shot 1 more at 100 my 4 shot group at 100 is 1/2".
I would call Leupold and talk to them they are very helpful and will gladly fix any problems. I was told by a Leupold customer service person all of their scopes are guaranteed to track properly and they will fix any that do not.
In 25 years of owning Leupold all VX-3's until this year I bought 2 VX-6's the 3-18X50 and a 4-24X52 I have only had 1 fail me a 3.5-10X50 VX-3 I sent it back and it was promptly fixed.

Old school, but what I usually do. Dial past the point that you want and then back to it. Don't know if it would make a diff or not. Technically it should go exactly to what you want. I still dial past then return to the position I want.

Steve

We will probably shoot it again this weekend, and I will test it again. From the responses it sounds like it most likely isn't the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.