Leupold VX-3 vs. Zeiss Conquest.

matt_3479

I am debating between a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 with mil dot or z-plex, 4.5-14x 44 AO with mil dot or z-plex OR Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x 40 with CDS or the Leupold 4.5-14X40 with CDS for my 300. wsm Browning A-Bolt used on caribou, moose, elk and black bear from 50 to 500 yards. Which i sbetter

Zeiss or Leupold?

what the guy above me said. the zeiss rapid z system is better if for any reason you find yourself using a different ammo than you have for your CDS turret. i don't think leupold is the same company they used to be

I have both zeiss and leupold and both are great scopes. I think the zeiss may have the edge on glass quality. The other day I was shooting my .204 at 100yards and I could see my bullet holes on 14X.

I have both and the Zeiss has the edge on the glass, enough so that I will be replacing my Leupolds as funding allows. The 4.5-14x 44 AO (with either mil dot or rapid Z 800) is an awesome scope.

I just bought a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 CDS. It's going on a 7mm RM hunting gun I'm rebuilding. But my wife won't let me have it till after Christmas. I'm stoked to get it, but the 25th could not come any slower.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.