• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20 AO Duplex Gloss

MTAR15

This was installed on a rifle I purchased years ago from a gentleman that his since passed away.

I sold the rifle recently and the buyer did not want the scope, so for the first time since I owned it I removed the scope.

Overall it was as expected for a scope built in 1988, but I did discover a deep scratch that is not visible when the scope is mounted on the tube just in front of the power ring. It looks like it may have been mounted too low and the sharp radius of a bolt handled scraped the coating off. The power ring works 100% perfectly and the finish scratch is not visible when the scope is on a rifle.

I verified with my calipers there are no dents in the tube where the rings were.

Comes as seen with the scope caps.

$500 shipped considering the scratch and ring marks.

Attachments

• IMG_6331.jpg
    IMG_6331.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6333.jpg
    IMG_6333.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6334.jpg
    IMG_6334.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 61
Officially a 40mm Obj. The AO makes it a little thicker than a non AO Great scopes I have two from the early 90's with target knobs....track perfectly to this day.

Officially a 40mm Obj. The AO makes it a little thicker than a non AO Great scopes I have two from the early 90's with target knobs....track perfectly to this day.

Really appreciate it, it didn't seem like a 50mm to me. But the calipers pointed that way. Makes more sense now.

Do you mind telling what part of the world are you located. Thank you

We shot a few whiteys near Marion back in the late 90's. Had a buddy who lived outside Kalispell almost his whole life. We stopped going to that area with all the changes going on. He had to move away he couldn't take the changes in that area anymore. I'll take the cold in NW over the cold where he now lives in the NE! Holy heck its cold in the flat ground.

Recent Posts