Leupold Turrets

jm8960

Alright guys, I've decided once deer season is over here in wnc we're going to do some Leupold upgrading. Budget will not allow a new scope, and I am not a fan of friction adjust. I have a Leupold VXI, friction adjust 3-9X40. I know it's nothin in quality or value compared to many but I like it personally. Fits my eyes well. While I want to hve the capability of long range adjusting, I like the idea of setting a zero and leaving it be. Does the Leupold Custom Shop have a turret that will allow for both? Possibly one with a cap? My grandfather has one of the older Redfields that have a CDS type design that you sight in at 100 (0) and dial it up according to range. As I have not found that right combination I don't want to set up a scope to that one round, but the general idea of sighting it in with the turret on zero is comforting in case of getting bumped. Does leupold offer anything to this sort?

Opinions? Advice is greatly appreciated. I know I sound like a broken record but you guys obviously have the shooting figured out!

you can use the turret you have if it's numbered. Just use an app and click the appropriate amount. They can also do a MOA/click turret for you. Once zeroed, reset the turret to line up the zero mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.