Leupold TMR Reticle for Varmints

There is no basis for the notions that NXS scopes are 'better' than Mk4 scopes.
I have both and consider Mk4 superior, given that Mk4s match or better NXS in every regard(depending on reticle preference), while a pound lighter, threaded for Alumina flip-ups, and adjusting in true MOA instead of 'close enough'.

I have three Mark4's currently. Two of them actually adjust in IPHY, the third I haven't had the time to test yet. The two NXS I have adjust in true MOA. I also like the Mark4's but I have had problems with tracking on one of them which Leupold fixed. The others have been very reliable however and one is quite old. I wouldn't consider them equal to NXS though, but I also wouldn't say I have a statistically significant number of scopes to make this the end all opinion. I'll continue to use them and rely on them for LR shooting just the same.

Geb

The vxIII/Vari-x IIIs are IPHY. None of my Mk4s are.
My NXSs never tested true MOA but about 1.05x IPHY. This has been observed by others testing them as well.

So we must have different vintages of scopes or something.
Other than reticle choices, I can't think of a single thing better about NXS over Mk4.
And actually, the only scope I've had POA shifts with was an NXS(due to a lens bedding issue).

I have the said scope you mention. I absolutely love it.It is easier for me to memorize mil and holds,dial or just use hold in scope.I shoot the orange sti cky dots that are 1.5 inch and that fits in the middle of reticule perfect for aiming at 400 yrds.

I definitely think I am going to give this scope a try. Thanks for the help guys. Have a Merry Christmas!

Sorry Duvel, I tried getting pics of the reticle but i couldnt get the camera to focus. I can tell you the opening is the same size as the inside of the letter P on a stop sign at 995 yards. If that helps at all :rolleyes:.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.