Leupold scope

Dave Schenck

I have come to the sad realisation that my scope has died! I am very keen to replace it with a Leupold and was wondering who could advise on a good value for money model to take game out to 400m. I was thinking along the line of the VXIII 4,5 - 14 x 50 (or 40) LR fine duplex or the 3,5 - 10 x 50. I have no need to take game further than 400m. I have great respect for the Leupold scopes and want to buy only once! What are the feelings on the VXI and VXII series?

Dave,
I use the VX-III's or the Mark 4.
I just recieved a 4.5-14, except mine had the Varmint hunter reticle-I really like it.
I think it is a great hunting scope for what you mentioned.

The VX-II is a good scope and you would be very happy with it. honestly for the money i think you would be equally as happy with a nikon scope for a little less money and just as good if not a little better glass. nikon's warrenty is very good but leupolds is outstanding.

now the VX-III really is a pretty good step above all those other scopes. its glass is alot better and you will never regret your purchase.

i would tell you to go with the 4.5-14 power scope in whatever objective diameter you prefer. that power range will give you a good high power but still a nice low end for low light shooting. i consider 4.5-14 to be the perfect power range for a hunting scope.

have a good un
steve

The Vari X III for the money and quality is very difficult to beat. I would go with the 4.5 X 14 with an adjustable objective in whatever objective diameter you wish. Don't think you can go wrong with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.