Leupold scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Dave Schenck, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Dave Schenck

Dave Schenck Well-Known Member

I have come to the sad realisation that my scope has died! I am very keen to replace it with a Leupold and was wondering who could advise on a good value for money model to take game out to 400m. I was thinking along the line of the VXIII 4,5 - 14 x 50 (or 40) LR fine duplex or the 3,5 - 10 x 50. I have no need to take game further than 400m. I have great respect for the Leupold scopes and want to buy only once! What are the feelings on the VXI and VXII series?

2. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

Dave,
    I use the VX-III's or the Mark 4.
    I just recieved a 4.5-14, except mine had the Varmint hunter reticle-I really like it.
    I think it is a great hunting scope for what you mentioned.

3. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

The VX-II is a good scope and you would be very happy with it. honestly for the money i think you would be equally as happy with a nikon scope for a little less money and just as good if not a little better glass. nikon's warrenty is very good but leupolds is outstanding.

now the VX-III really is a pretty good step above all those other scopes. its glass is alot better and you will never regret your purchase.

i would tell you to go with the 4.5-14 power scope in whatever objective diameter you prefer. that power range will give you a good high power but still a nice low end for low light shooting. i consider 4.5-14 to be the perfect power range for a hunting scope.

have a good un
    steve

4. 270fan

270fan Active Member

The Vari X III for the money and quality is very difficult to beat. I would go with the 4.5 X 14 with an adjustable objective in whatever objective diameter you wish. Don't think you can go wrong with it.