Leupold RX-1000

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by DMAXNAZ, Nov 28, 2011.

1. DMAXNAZ

DMAXNAZ Active Member

Quick question. I bought one of these summer of 2009 and it seemed to work fine. Just took it out on a hunt last week and it ranges about 10% off from what my buddys brand new Leica 1200 ranges. 20yrds at 200, 50 at 500 and so on. Considering it was $400 and been used twice I'm a little disturbed. I wonder which one is correct??? If mine is bad it is wayyy out of warranty. Kinda upsetting.

2. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

First thing to do is change the battery. I own several different range finders and no 2 range exactly the same, but not as far off as yours is doing now. but, they are very weird about fresh battery's.

3. FAL Shot

FAL Shot Well-Known Member

When having to decide between the RX-1000 and the Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC, it was the longer warranty that swayed me toward the Scout 1000.

I have heard a disturbing report that the RX-1000 has a high failure rate. Probably the reason for the short 1-year warranty.

I don't like the Scout as well as far as using it goes, but it costs less and over a year later its still going strong.

Change the battery before calling your rangefinder bad. This is true of any sensitive electronic instrument.

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

I think you may have had it set to meters? 200 yrds= 182 meter, about your 20 yrd differnce. 500 yrd. 457 meter, about 50 differnce.

5. DMAXNAZ

DMAXNAZ Active Member

I have it on yrds. I forgot to put it's the TBR model. I turned that off and on and still no difference. I will try fresh batteries and see if that helps. If not I'll just send Leupold a letter and see if they stand behind their product. $399 is what I paid and I wont put a penny more into it. I'll just save up and but the new G7.