Leupold Reticle Suggestions

i like the fine duplex it just seems to me i can focus on a dot better than crosshairs. Still eyeballing that leupold dot. My current has the target dots way too fine and impossible too see against anything dark.

I like the fire dot duplex. If not needed, you can turn off the illumination, but sometimes it helps.

Luckily I live 10 minutes from world HQ so I can try out different reticles by just driving over there and having a CS rep meet me there with each scope and/or reticle.

I like the fire dot duplex. If not needed, you can turn off the illumination, but sometimes it helps.

Luckily I live 10 minutes from world HQ so I can try out different reticles by just driving over there and having a CS rep meet me there with each scope and/or reticle.

I'm curious as to what you are shooting with the Firedot duplex. The one I had was too coarse to get a decent aim on a paper target. Maybe all right to get somewhere on the chest of a deer at 100 yards, but the Op is doing long range groundhog target shoots. In my experience with the Firedot duplex, it will never work for the Ops intended purpose. I had mine on a 25-06 and the recoil would cause the dot to "turn on" or light up every time I fired the rifle. The less clutter in the scope, the easier to locate your target. I just can't get along looking through a scope full of garbage. Give me the fine crosshair and dot.

If I'm going to dial I like the fine duplex, I suppose I would try the TMR or varmint hunter if holding over. In low light I like the German #4 and lastly for strictly target shooting the dot, either target or Leupold I have used and like both. I personally am not a big fan of illuminated reticles, they tend to blur on me too much.

Bob

I'm curious as to what you are shooting with the Firedot duplex. The one I had was too coarse to get a decent aim on a paper target. Maybe all right to get somewhere on the chest of a deer at 100 yards, but the Op is doing long range groundhog target shoots. In my experience with the Firedot duplex, it will never work for the Ops intended purpose. I had mine on a 25-06 and the recoil would cause the dot to "turn on" or light up every time I fired the rifle. The less clutter in the scope, the easier to locate your target. I just can't get along looking through a scope full of garbage. Give me the fine crosshair and dot.

I can turn it off if I need to, but it gives me the option. If you need it turn it on at one one the seven (or so) levels, if not, turn it off and recoil or anything else will not turn it on.

It is a $100 or so option that you can turn on or off, so to me there is no downside except for the extra $100, which pays for itself if you ever need it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.