Leupold reticle change ???

summitsitter

I got a VXIII yesterday from NDODD and love the scope but I am not to sure about the varmint hunter recticle. I mainly deer hunt and most of the deer I see are late in the evening right before dark. The Varmint rect. is very very thin. It didn't look that thin in the store when I looked at it. Anyways I'm going to give it some time and maybe it'll grow on me. BUT if I decide to change reticle how much trouble is it.. What kinda wait is it.

Leupold

I would expect a two week turn around. That would be the max.

Call the custom shop and talk to the guys. They will be able to help you out.

Willys46

What power? I have a VXIII 4.5x14x40 matte with duplex in perfect condition. I'm looking at getting the varmint reticlel for a varmint build. If Leupold doesn't change it out...I'll be interested in a trade of sorts. For some reason, according to their website, they don't put the varmint reticle into my particular scope.

Last edited:
I intentionally put the "Varmint Reticle" in my 6.5x20 which is mounted on a 7STW whitetail rifle and I'm very happy with it. Give it a try before wasting your money on a switch.

By the way, using this set-up I shot a buck @ 469yds as he tried to cross a dirt trail. It took me all of 2.2 seconds to get on him. The 162gr A-Max sealed the deal in short order.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm gonna try and let it grow on me as I hate to spend the money, other stuff I would rather purchase.

Reticle Change

It was a two week turn around for my 6.5 x 20, I had the reticle changed to the TMR and M1 knobs installed as well, No hassle at all ;)

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.