Leupold reticle change ???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by summitsitter, Jun 26, 2008.

1. summitsitter

summitsitter Well-Known Member

I got a VXIII yesterday from NDODD and love the scope but I am not to sure about the varmint hunter recticle. I mainly deer hunt and most of the deer I see are late in the evening right before dark. The Varmint rect. is very very thin. It didn't look that thin in the store when I looked at it. Anyways I'm going to give it some time and maybe it'll grow on me. BUT if I decide to change reticle how much trouble is it.. What kinda wait is it.

2. Willys46

Willys46 Well-Known Member

Leupold

I would expect a two week turn around. That would be the max.

Call the custom shop and talk to the guys. They will be able to help you out.

Willys46

3. Woodycreek

Woodycreek Well-Known Member

It took one week for the scope i sent in.

4. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

What power? I have a VXIII 4.5x14x40 matte with duplex in perfect condition. I'm looking at getting the varmint reticlel for a varmint build. If Leupold doesn't change it out...I'll be interested in a trade of sorts. For some reason, according to their website, they don't put the varmint reticle into my particular scope.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  5. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I intentionally put the "Varmint Reticle" in my 6.5x20 which is mounted on a 7STW whitetail rifle and I'm very happy with it. Give it a try before wasting your money on a switch.

By the way, using this set-up I shot a buck @ 469yds as he tried to cross a dirt trail. It took me all of 2.2 seconds to get on him. The 162gr A-Max sealed the deal in short order.

6. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

It may take a little longer as their "clean room" was down for a while.

7. summitsitter

summitsitter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info. I'm gonna try and let it grow on me as I hate to spend the money, other stuff I would rather purchase.

8. horstie

horstie Member

Reticle Change

It was a two week turn around for my 6.5 x 20, I had the reticle changed to the TMR and M1 knobs installed as well, No hassle at all ;)

gun)