Leupold or Warne QD mounts??

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by chrisC, Jun 4, 2006.

1. chrisC

chrisC Member

I want to purchase some quick detachable mounts for my ruger 77/17 Ackley Hornet, and for other rifles I plan to purchase in the future. Just wondering what you guys recommend between the warne and the leupold weaver style detachable mounts?

2. IceSniper

IceSniper Well-Known Member

I have a set of Leupold QD's and I relly like them.

3. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Did some enquiry on this myself a couple of months back . Apparently the Leupold rings extend more than 180 degrees around the tube and are inclined to scratch the scope when fitted .
    I have 4 x standard Warne Maxima sets and have found them to be good .

4. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Do Warne and Leupold make mounts for the Ruger77??
    Got a Few Rugers that I've swapt scopes on in the past.In fact the 7mag and 308Baer are only a couple of clicks off but the 223 and 22-250 take a lot of adjustment between them.I just use a quarter on the Ruger rings in the field.
    The AR has a set of Warne QD rings on it that return to point rather well but they wont fit any of the Rugers...exept the 10-22.
    Have not used the Leupolds but had a set of IOR QD rings on Boomer(50BMG) for many years and always took the scope off for transport.They kept zero very well!

5. chrisC

chrisC Member

Hey MachV,

Warne does make a detachable mount for the ruger 77/22 hornet or rimfire rifles. The model # for the Warne matte finish mounts is 1R7LM. Leupold does not, but from what i understand if you purchase a set of 'ruger to weaver style bases' you should be able to fit on a pair of leupold quick release weaver style rings onto the base but iam not 100% sure about this. Maybe someone who knows more can let us know.

B-Square, Ruger and also Weigand make the ruger to weaver style bases.