Leupold Mark 4

Discussion in 'Optics For Sale' started by scsbronco, Feb 22, 2012.

1. scsbronco

scsbronco Well-Known Member

Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm Illuminated mil-dot
    Scope caps
    1/4'' M1 turrets
    Optically Perfect, should have any ring marks

Im trying to switch to all the same reticles/turrets so, I would trade for a Nightforce +/- cash
    1100 shipped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scsbronco

Buuump

3. Jimhoodag

Jimhoodag Member

I am learning scopes, but the turrets are MOA and the reticle is in mills. Since you are seeking matching MOA turrets and reticle, could you not get Leupold to install a MOA reticle? I am looking for matching turrets and reticle too. If I bought it, I would look into making the change.

4. scsbronco

I think it would be easier to change the turrets to mil. I'm keeping the scope didn't want to bump the ad to change it. I can't edit the first post

5. Jimhoodag

Jimhoodag Member

Thanks. Please advise me on what to buy. I own a Leupold and Zeiss 6x24x56 with metric turret and mill dot reticle. I have been looking at a Nightforce 5.5x22x56 with MOA reticle and turrets, but I don't want to pay over $1,200. How do you see your Leupold matching up with the Nightforce described above?

6. scsbronco

I would trade this for a Nightforce nxs 2.5-10. I have it on an AR and its too much power for me.

Thanks

7. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

If you get a second focal plane Leupold with the TMR (tactical milling reticle) it can be used as an MOA reticle at slightly less than max power. Since the true actual max magnification of this scope is 19.6x, the TMR reticle will subtend to MOA at 18x. I wouldn't worry about the non matching turrets and reticle if it's a TMR.