Leupold Mark 2 6-18x40 Tactical...

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Ridgerunner665, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Well-Known Member

2. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

My brother has a VXII 6x18x40 on a 1903 Turk Mauser with a Douglas .223 barrel.
    It is a killing machine.
    He can acquire and destroy rodent targets very quickly.

There are not many rifles I see like that, that could not work any better.

3. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I have a few of the varx 2, 6-18's with target knobs/fine duplex. They are great scopes for the money. I"ve used them on 25-06, 7 RM, 300 WBY, 300 RUM's. They've held up very nicely. Crisp, clear, bright optics and I've only had 1 issue with them tracking in over 5 years and literally hundreds of times cranking the knobs up and down. I highly recomend them.

I like the idea of the Mark2 giving you the mil dot reticle though. OTher then that, I dont know why the price hike???

4. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

I really like the MK2 line they are very impressive for the size and the price. We sell quite a few.

Mike @ CSGW

5. Ridgerunner665

My scope is here...and all I can say is WOW!!!

This is the clearest and brightest scope I have ever looked through. (Its also, by far, the most expensive)
    Leupold advertised 56 MOA of adjustment...the must have meant 56 MOA of "useable" adjustment...because this one has 75 MOA of windage and elevation...15 MOA per revolution of the knobs, the knobs turn 5 times. The clicks are solid and audible...I like it.

The one thing I found sorta weird is that the mil-dot reticle is calibrated for 18x...I figured it would be calibrated for 10x or 12x.

18x works just fine though.

6. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Leupold tends to makes the highest power the ranging power for 2 reasons.
    1. You can range more accurately when ranging at the highest power.
    2. When you are rotating the power ring and it stops you know you are at your ranging magnification and not guessing.

Mike @ CSGW

7. Ridgerunner665

Yep...that's true.

I like it that way after thinking about it...I can always use 9x and 6x too...simple math.