Leupold LR mildots?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by snicl1, Jul 21, 2003.

1. snicl1

snicl1 Member

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get one of the 8.5-25x M1 Leupold scopes w/mildot reticle and wanted to know if the dot spacing was 1 mil at 8.5 or 25x. I've tried the Leupold site but can't find out the specifics. If anyone's got this scope & can fill in the blanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Chris

2. chris matthews

chris matthews Well-Known Member

Cynical,
    The Leupold has a second focal plane reticle. Meaning the reticle stays the same size throught the power change. This means you can only mil with it at 25x.
    The Leupold spotter has a first focal plane reticle and very noticeably changes size in relation to the power and you can mil at any setting.

3. J Schulze

J Schulze Well-Known Member

get it from premier with the second generation dot. it should be first focal plane and mil at any power

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 8.5x25x50 LRT from Premier Reticles with the USMC Mildot reticle and it is 1 mil spacing on 10x and at 20x you divide your reading by 2. They put a small white dimple at each setting to make it easy to line up.
    Wayne

[ 07-22-2003: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

5. snicl1

snicl1 Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Do you think that the M1 knobs are as durable as the regular target knobs w/covers that come on the regular LRT? If not, I wouldn't want to pay extra just cause I like the looks.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Chris.

6. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Leupold target turrets are Chevy pickups.
    Leupold M1 (MK4 style turrets) are Kenworths.

7. texas

texas Well-Known Member

What if we like Freightliners? [​IMG] [​IMG]