Leupold CDS, ?

Greg Duerr

I sent in my Leupold Var-3 and Had the CDS Turrent installed I sighted in and then set it back to 0 How accurate is the CDS? I have yet to dial it up or down based on my bullets BC and Velocity to see how accurate it really is.
Just wondering if anyone has done a lot of LR shooting with The CDS Turrents and how well they performed.

The scope should track as well with those dials as it did with the first set of dials. The issue that can come up with CDS is that they are set for a specific MV for a given set of conditions. If the altitude, temp, pressure, etc change, that throws the CDS off. How much? Depends on how different the conditions are and what the range of target is. For a few hundred yds it doesn't matter. For shooting at game at 500+ it may matter.

Mine works great

But they are only as accurate as the information you give them. When someone complains it.is usually because they didn't send in the right.information or don't understand the limitations of the system.

You can always make your own. A strip of athletic tape around the turret and just use a fine point pen to mark in a line that corresponds with that yardage. De-grease it so the tape sticks well. Changing altitudes might change it a bit.

The ones I have are not made for certain conditions. I just get the MOA info and write it down tapped to my stock before I leave. I had them installed after market. There like the ones that come with a new scope....................No set conditions.

I was going to replace that scope with the new Vortex Razor HD LH but seeing how many are for sale used it makes me wonder .....................Whats up. Seems like there are a lot of guys tryin to get rid of them.....

I have a sort of Friend that told me not to waste my money on Leupold and just get all Vortex scopes..........Vortex in my opinion are WAY to heavy for a walking Hunting Rifle not even a consideration.

Yep !!!! Mine have been very accurate .just killed a coyote at 371 yards by dialing it up on my 7mm-08 R25
Mine works great

But they are only as accurate as the information you give them. When someone complains it.is usually because they didn't send in the right.information or don't understand the limitations of the system.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.