Leupold Boone and Crockett Reticle?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Topshot, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

With the Leupold® Boone and Crockett™ Big Game Reticle.

Has anyone got the measured values between the center cross hair and the lower cross bars at 100 yards.

I need these measurements to calculate a proper drop chart for a mate and his 7mm-08 using the Leupold aiming marks.

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

3. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

4. Nvhunter

Nvhunter Well-Known Member

What measurement are you looking for??? Actual shot placement while holding on either crosshair...or the visual spread between the two at 100 yds when viewing at 100 yds?

5. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

Being a SFP the power setting impotant. Leupold gives 2 sets of values One for Large bullet drop(Big triangle)and one for small(small triangle) Align the desired trangle with the mark for the following in moa of elevation

• ............................Big............................. small
    • Cross hair............ 0
    • First bar ..............2.19............................ 2.74
    • Second bar .........4.8 ...............................6.0
    • Third ...................6.26 ............................7.83
    • Top of post......... 7.82............................ 9.78
    So for example If your using the large triangle which IIRC is full magnification then holding on the third bar will give 6.26 moa of elevation

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  6. Topshot

What I am after is the visual spread between the marks at 100 yards at the maximum magnification or whatever the magnufication the ranging mark is set for.

eg, on the Burris 3-9 scope with ballistic plex. At 9 power the distance between the marks is given at 100yards. I just need this information.
    Thanks.

7. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I use one for a 300 Win Mag. The cross hairs are 200, the next is 300, then 400, the small hash is 450, and the top of the post is 500. For a caliber such as the 300 Ultra, you would add 100 yards to all of the above and sight it in for 300 yards.

8. Topshot

Ok Thanks.
    I have got these bars sorted out. Now I can play with the figures and Exbal to come up with a good zero for the rifle and plots for each triangle marker.

Its easy when you have good help.....Thanks.

9. Nvhunter

Nvhunter Well-Known Member