Leupold 6.5X20 EFR ?

Lonnie

I am considering a 6.5X20X40 Leupold for my 6.5X284 that is getting built this winter. I see there is a 6.5X20X40 EFR version. I like target knobs even though it is primarily a hunting rifle for deer and antelope. Has anyone used this scope? Will it stand the recoil of the 6.5X284?

Thanks, Lonnie

Lonnie,
I have one of those scopes and it is a very good optic. Only concern I have is that the scope tube got severely crunched when I obviously over-tightened some tactical rings (Leupold MK4). All I did was use the little "L" shaped Torx wrench that came the mounts, and tightened them to what I thought was a reasonable amount. Made nasty ring marks, indentations actually. Only complaint I have, otherwise they are sharp and clear and good turrets.

HELLO

I HAVE THREE OF THESE EFR SCOPES 1 IS ON A SENDERO 25-06 1 IS ON A 30 HART AND 1 IS ON A 6.5 WSM. RECOIL IS NO ISSUE WITH THIS SCOPE. JUST DO IT.
HAVE A NICE DAY.

ERIC
grin.gif
grin.gif

i bought one for the same purpose a semi long range gun for 1000yds. optics are good as any leupold, but the objective isnt very much fun. takes a good while to get use too. you can turn it either way to many times. i would just buy a standard 6.5-20x40mm and send it away to have turrets installed. just a thought

Have one on a 223. 6.5-20X40 EFR Air Rifle. Like the fine cross hairs for long shots. Target shooters seem to like the Target-Dot, but not me. the fine cross-hairs may be hard to see in low light, but at higher magnifications is the best way to go, I think! Enjoy shooting clay pigeons at 350 to 400 yards with it. It comes with the target knobs, then you just click-up. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.