Leupold 6.5-20 LR vs Sightron 8-32

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Erik Kiser, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Erik Kiser

Erik Kiser Well-Known Member

I've been shooting the 6.5- 20's for several years on and off and was considering selling it to buy the 8-32 Sightron for the higher magnification. Anybody else made the same move? Thoughts on the scope swap? Rifle is a 338 Edge that gets shot out to 1000 yards

2. jskmtd

jskmtd Well-Known Member

I bought the 6-24x50 siii sightron to replace my 6.5-20x50 lr Leupold. The sightron is very clear and bright. As far as magnification the sigjtron at 16-17 power was the same as the leupold on 20 power. I haven't had it long, but I really like it so far.

Jon

3. Erik Kiser

Erik Kiser Well-Known Member

Thank you Jon. I'd love a Nightforce but it's just not in the cards while shooting is a distant second hobby to my main one. I may sell the Leupold and give the Sightron a spin

4. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Go with the sightron. They are great. I have a night force and the 6-24 s3. The night force in my opinion is not worth twice the price. If my life depended on my rifle I'd rather be behind a nf but for hunting the sightrons are great.