Leupold 10X42 Gold Ring HD

Pong, Hopefully you bought these from Cabela's....they were having a great sale on them for like 799.00. Ship out at the end of the month. I have read some great reviews on them, but can't find out much. Hopefully they'll be pretty good, I ordered some from Cabela's and it's driving me nuts waiting on them.

Yeah thanks to tsmiller4 I did order some from Cabela's. I can't understand why they are so cheap. I called my local gun shop and they couldn't give me a price on the HD's but tried to sell me the older version for more than I bought the new ones for. Australia is crap if you want to buy anything here. It's good that a group of like minded people can share information over the net.

I just noticed that Midway USA and Natchez Shooters Supply also have them for the same price and they have them in stock! I'm gonna cancel my order with cabela's and order them from Midway.

I'm gonna cancel my order with cabela's and order them from Midway.

If you used the link to Cabelas from this forum to place your order then it helps provide funds to support this site. New software and servers don't come free.

I am aware of that BB. Thanks for the heads up though. When I had originally placed the order with Cabela's I didn't link through this site to begin with, so LRH didn't lose out on anything when I cancelled the order. However, when I placed the Midway order I DID link it through this sight, and I'm assuming they have the same deal with Midway???

Well I just got my 10x42's in the mail this am. I haven't much of a chance to use them yet, but from what little I have used them I am very impressed with the Optical Clarity and Quality. I was using a pair of Swaro Slc 10x50's a couple of weeks ago and why I don't have them with me to compare the two, it seems to me that they are very close in clarity with a slight edge to the Swaro, but they were also a 50mm objective so the light gathering was substancially better obviously than the Leupy 42mm's. Overall I am very impressed and very happy with the purchase, ie the Value given the Price. Hope you all are satisfied as much as myself.

Make sure they are the HD most of the ones I've seen for sale at $799 are the older model they are good also just not HD from my research the older models are index matched lenses similar to the glass on VXII scopes and higher models. HD is the new coatings they are using I think dont quote me on that though. The people I hunt with use them and they are good.
Wade

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.