Leupald STD bases and Burris rings w/ incerts.

britz

Just put a set of these on my 300 and I noticed the front burris ring twisted into the leupald base real easy (too easily by finger). Is that normal?
I tried to use a sliver of aluminum as a washer to tighten this up. Any better suggestions out there?

thats no good !! , if it twist in easly then its not seating up well and will give you head achs later down the road. This is pretty common actualy , I like the dual dove tail desgine as it is very strong by desgine but I make some modifications to mine.

Afte I get my rings set in the base I unscrew the base leaving the ring attached to the base and and I'll make a smlaa tig weld on the inside of the base welding the ring to the base. On my own guns I go a step further and run one small bead all the way around the outside of the base when the ring seat down on it , this make for a one piece ring/base setup.

In you situation , you might be able to shim it like you did with the aluminum but you better use some sort of steel , aluminum is a bad shim material , I have used a set of feeler guages (found at any auto part store) a few time to make a small shim for somthing their make fron strong steel and will last alot longer. I would also fill the recess in the bottom of the base with some sort of good bedding material like Devcon liquid steel.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts