Lets Talk Fox

Using fmjbt you will have an awfull lot of runners you should be using fast expanding varmint bullets

I have tried calling for foxes in Virginia with little affect.

Honestly, I saw way more foxes from a deer stand. I used a Rex Fox Urine cover scent for my walk into my deer stands and fox encounters went through the roof. At least one fox visit each trip.

So after I connected the dots; I tried it for fox hunting specifically. I used a heavily soaked rag on a drag cord and walked into my hunting area. Setting up 20 yards or so from the edge of a field. A fox on the prowl would make a B-Line when they hit the scent trail and come right in to me. Killed a lot of "turkey eaters" that way.

Try it, it might work depending on where and how you hunt. Worst case your out an extra $5.

One time a buddy and I went out calling for anything that responded to the rabbit cal while my buddy walked out to place the speaker just fooling around I turned the call on and as he set the speaker down a red fox ran right through his legs from behind it scared him to death. we didn't get a shot at it but we laughed about it all the rest of the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.