Lets see your berger kills!

WOW....really glad I read through this thread...on something of a whim I bought a box of 155 gr VLD hunting to try when I get the new barrel for my .308. I wanted a lighter bullet that still had a decent BC....looks like the Bergers might just do it for me. Thanks for sharing everyong

One thing I feel is important here, at least for my intended uses anyway. I always opt for the heavier caliber offerings. I feel this is especially important for long range shots and chamberings with higher velocity. The more impact velocity the more fragments you will get, it's that simple. If you are going to stretch em out for a long shot, go heavy for the great BC's and retained velocity and energy. I guess what I am saying here is if you load a very light bullet at high velocity, like you would to get the splat factor on a prairie dog, and then go out and center punch a large bull square in the shoulder with a hand load better suited for a coyote, you might just get something to pizz about. Then you can become a internet bullet expert and blame the round you loaded wrong for the failure.

emn83 this was not directed for you. Take that .308 with a 150 or a 168 and with those velocities if you keep the distances where that load will be effictive, you will fold em up like a fat man in a cheap lawn chair.

Jeff

emn83 this was not directed for you. Take that .308 with a 150 or a 168 and with those velocities if you keep the distances where that load will be effictive, you will fold em up like a fat man in a cheap lawn chair.

Jeff

did't thing it was necessarily directed at me, but I appreciate your advice all the same. Max velocity I'd expect with my rifle and the 155 VLD is like 3000, but more likely in the 2800-2900 range for a safe load. Still figuring out what distances would be appropriate for my cartridge set up....will do more figuring when the gun is built up and I can get a load figured out

Len, it does not matter if you use "Load Base 3.0", it corrects for dyslexia.:D

Sorry Eaglet, I could not resist...:D

Jeff

Broz, that was good! Awesome sence of humor. I like that!

I want you to know I have enjoyed every one of your photos and my respect and vote goes to your wife's. There is a lady that won't starve. That's for sure.

All othe pics are great also. This thread has just been awesome.

Good day to all!!! :D

Thanks Eaglet. She has turned into quite a hunter in the last few years. She has definatly learned how to break a trigger properly.

Jeff

IMG_1834.png

2006-710.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

speedgoat.jpg

10nme.jpg

img038.jpg

nicsbuck2.jpg

nicpig2.jpg

Jeff300, Nice loking bunch of animals!! That aoudad is very nice. Mine hangs right above my gun safe. They are beautiful animals and make great mounts.

Congrats!.

Jeff

Hope I got em posted correctly . These where shot with the 210 Bereger out of my 300 Rum . Most of the time I go buy myself so I dont get to have my picture taken with the deer. The Buck that has me in the picture with him, was shot while I was walking up to the shooting house. It had just broken daylight and he was standing in the field broad sided with his head down . Shot him at 225 yards. complete pass through. The buck in the back of my truck was actually shot in 2010 . He was within bow range and hit the ground like a rock ! The buck sporting My Berger cap was shot around 40 yards or so. I walked to the top of the MTN. Hunted for a few hours got bored and relocated a little lower back down the mtn. I stoped to sat upon a fallen tree And this buck with a does come just up on the bench above me , I could hear them but not see them until I stood up. He stopped and I let him have it :) I have nothing but good to say about Bergers........

Attachments

• 1124110957a.jpg
    1124110957a.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 0115111021a.jpg
    0115111021a.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 109
  • 1127100931a.jpg
    1127100931a.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1127100931b.jpg
    1127100931b.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 98
Just over 400 yards 115gr 25-06 This is my only Berger kill so far. I am coverting from the Barnes Band wagon. The one picture is of the exit hole. Since I liked it so much I will steal the saying this nasty critter "folded up like a fat man in a cheap lawn chair".

Attachments

• 1107111216.jpg
    1107111216.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 1107111649a.jpg
    1107111649a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 85
Just over 400 yards 115gr 25-06 This is my only Berger kill so far. I am coverting from the Barnes Band wagon. The one picture is of the exit hole. Since I liked it so much I will steal the saying this nasty critter "folded up like a fat man in a cheap lawn chair".

Nice goin'!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.