Lets see your AR-15 groups

Here are two good groups I just got at the range today. This is the first time doing load development with the new rifle since the break-in. Very pleased so far. (Both are 3 shot groups at 100yards)
014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Nice job yote doctor!

Hopefully more good groups ahead. I particularly like the first one, nothing like a 1/4 minute gun to get the blood pumping:)

How do you like the extended/opened trigger guard? Does it hit your middle finger when you shoot?

Thanks. Have to see how they do on song dogs and prarie maggots. Still have the Sierra 69grs to try out. Should do well. V-maxes also shot under 1/2 but didnt get a pic.

Far as the trigger guard, I like it. Shot with some thick gloves on yesterday to try it out. (since it was only 47 here with 20 mph winds and rain). It does make you open your grip a little but getting use to it.

By the way, wanted to say nice shootin yourself! What kind of glass is sittin on yours?

Brian

Nice groups Bruce. What barrel do you have on your AR ? I have a 22" kriegger on mine. 69gr SMK on top of 24.5 gr varget gets me quit a few sub 1" 5 shot groups at 200 yards. 22 gr of benchmark also worked good. The wind really screws with those little bullets. A unseen 2 mph gust of wind is enough to screw up a great group at 200 yards.

Nice groups Bruce. What barrel do you have on your AR ? I have a 22" kriegger on mine. 69gr SMK on top of 24.5 gr varget gets me quit a few sub 1" 5 shot groups at 200 yards. 22 gr of benchmark also worked good. The wind really screws with those little bullets. A unseen 2 mph gust of wind is enough to screw up a great group at 200 yards.

What twist is the Kreiger? If it is fast enough, you can use a heavier bullet to help with the wind. Some of us have been experimenting with loading the 82gr Berger (BC .444) to magazine length. You can get 2760 fps out of a 20" barrel so you would probably get a bit more out of your 22".

My kriegger is the 1-7.7". For some reason it seems a little slow. 24.5 gr varget over the 69gr SMK is only getting me 2750fps. It's a pretty mild load, but it shoots great. When I push it harder it goes from a 1/2 moa to a 1 moa rifle at 200yrds. Even the hot loads shoot pretty good at 100yrds.

Here's a couple of pic's of my pipe hitters...

Attachments

• AR15 Pipe Hitter 001.jpg
    AR15 Pipe Hitter 001.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Sling photos AK47 M4 AR15 Carbine 019.jpg
    Sling photos AK47 M4 AR15 Carbine 019.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 147
24" heavy Shaw barrel on a parts gun at 100 yards from a rest. Sorry for the sideways pictures but sometimes I shoot sideways.:D

1001403xr.jpg

1001404.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.