Lets hear it from the Michiganders!!

No there must be three of us. Im in sw michigan just north of Kzoo. Hey Im looking at some property around allegan do you guys think there would be a decent draw for a 1k range. I know theres a bunch of politics and bs that goes with a range but I figure if its just a bunch of buddys hangin out shooting there shouldnt be that much trouble. Everyone would have to sign waivers of course but other than that just come out on satudays and sundays and have some fun.

Last edited:
Hello, joined this forum today. Im about as south west as you can get, berrien county.

The only 1000 yard range I know of other than one in the U.P., and the one at camp grayling is youngs long shot in Indiana. There is a 500 meter range in Dorr.

Well, I'm close - 30 miles SW of South Bend.

How is Youngs? I wanted to get over there this week after work, but it looks like it'll have to wait 'till next week. (this 5am-4pm is a killer) I'm seriously thinking of joining - other than my back yard, I can't find a place reasonably close to shoot over 350 Yds.

I'm from Jackson. Sorry I missed this post when it came up.

I know that there are at least a few other's of us around here. A few years ago five of us got together and poked holes in a corn field SE of Battle Creek. A good time for sure. But I heard that the guy lost his lease on the farm and we haven't got together since. I usually go to Family Shooter's Corral in Eaton Rapids, but they only have up to 300 yards. A 1000 yard range sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Young's is a great play to shoot. I usually never encounter more then 2 ppl on a given day. Most I've experienced was 7 ppl in late Oct. Very friendly atmosphere.

Sure I know where Ravenna is . . . fished steelhead in Crockery Creek many times.. . . took some fantastic steelies over the years.

I'm here in Lansing. Just getting into some long range shooting.

Bob

When you live in West Olive, you know where Ravenna is. I just shipped my Remmy action back to Gre-Tan to have a new Krieger screwed on. To the guy with the 1K range in Allegan, I would sure like to try my new NightForce out at distance when my rifle returns home.

Wade

I am just joining the site here as well. From Berrien Springs on the St. Joe river. Interested in the 1000yd. Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.