Let's create new USER TITLES for LRH

I've been reading this and find it very interesting. There are many ways to indicate a person's involvement with LRH. Most of them are already in place but not always readily apparent to the newcomer to our site.

It's been mentioned that "join date" and "post count" are already on each post and easily read but........remember that some newcomers don't "see" things sometimes. That is evident by the same questions being asked over and over by new members.

I've watched on other sites when they incorporated different types of "rating systems" for the members and I guarantee you, it can get ugly. If there is a way for members to advance someone, there is a way to set them back and therein lies the rub. Get into a "discussion" with someone and make him mad and badda bing, badda boom, you just got "demoted".

If you're looking for something that would indicate a person's involvement with LRH, and that is typically tied to post count, but not always, how about something that would indicate their dedication, involvement and contribution to LRH.

Something like "contributor" and "benefactor", or something similar. This would be tied to post count like the current titles but would indicate time, support and commitment to the LRH site and it's members.

I totally agree with dick and a few other replies here, I have not been a member very long maybe a year tops. And i did not know what senior member or junior member was. As a matter of fact i was so involved on reading some of the post i did not know until last week that the date of your membership was displayed.
And as far as wading through the BS it is really easy for me and i know very little compared to most on here. I have sent personal emails to some of you asking various question. Which from reading your previous post is how I knew you were the person that i needed to ask. NOT noticing if you were senior member or just a member.
To me it will never make a difference what symbol they have. it will always be what is in their post. i just would like to Thank EACH and EVERY member here that visits this forum. different opinions is what make the world go around.
i do appreciate all of you very much and you have brought me a long way in the last year.

Here is a list I cooked up. I ran out of synonyms and had to resort to German. Perhaps some of the other nationalities have terms that I am not familiar with

100 Pilgrim
500 Pioneer
1000 Nimrod
2000 Scout
3000 Jaeger
4000 Hunter
5000 Guide

Can I just be "Nimrod" permanently?:D

I have never looked at the number of posts by any contributor. I have never observed the titles "member," "senior member" etc. If Len wishes to assign such titles that is certainly his perogative and he obvioulsy has good reasons for starting this thread. I personally have no use for them. Years ago I worked in a store where policy was not to accept a check from anyone unless it was numbered greater than 3000. The owner felt like that meant the customer had a long standing with the bank and was customer worthy. Apparently, what he didn't know is that any bank will start your new checks with any number you want. Regardless of number, it didn't mean there was money to cover the check, as he found out.

I remember reading on another site some years ago a "new member" was bashed for posting a rather long winded but completely sensible post. One basher commented something to the effect, "oh, here we have a know-it-all and he's only posted 3 times."

That kind of attitude is completely unfair. There are some shooters out there that haven't found all the sites out there that may have lots of knowledge to contribute, or maybe they just don't like to type much, who knows. As it turned out, that new member was smarter and more knowledgeable than most other members.

That said, if there is a reasonable suggestion to make, why not assign the members with metals?

Bronze member (0-250 posts)
Silver member (251-500)
Gold member (501-1000)
Platinum member (1001+)

+1,
to that I'll add
Me too,
and will always be

Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns!
RR

anyway y'all want it is fine with me.

Be careful not to encourage BS posts just to drive post count and a "title" to go with it. I hang out a lot on a bow hunting site and the number of BS posts drives you nuts and waists a lot of time sifting through junk looking for the good information.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.