Leopold LRT question

Scope is the VX-3 (not III) which has only been out a couple yrs. They have screw off caps unlike the Mark V, they are about 1.5", black with numbers on the side. Sounds like the 3 little allen screws are the right thing to do.

Yes it sounds like you have the same model as mine If you will search this site and look up a thread that I started Titled : "752 yard 3 shot group" you will see a pic of my scope and rifle , then we'll know for sure .

bassin93 post is spot on do it exactly like he reccomended and you should be good to go .

bigBuck

Just to clarify, are we all talking the little set screws with the allen wrench? What's the scoop with the big silver screw on top? Cross - what are you referring to about not changing the up and down adjustment?

If you look on the back of the adjustment, toward the butt of the rifle, you see the graduated marks to indicate the number of revolutions that the scope is set for up or down. You can't change the view on those from what it looks like when you've zeroed your rifle (e.g. if you're on the second hatch mark and zeroed, you're on the second hatch mark and when you can see the third hatch mark you know you've turned the scope up one complete revolution).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.