Length of pull

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by JHansen, Aug 22, 2009.

1. JHansen

JHansen Active Member

I'm going to buy a H.S. Percision stock for my rifle and in looking at their web site they need to know what length of pull stock I need. So my question is how do I know what length of pull I need and what exactly is it? I guess I'm just kind of ignorant with this kind of thing, still learning I guess. Any help would be much appreciated.:)

2. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Easiest way to measure LOP (distance fron the trigger to the back of recoil pad) is to bend your arm at 90 degrees and measure from the inside crease of the elbow to the tip of your trigger finger. Will usually get you very close to what you need. Some recomend sutracting a .5" to 1" if you will be using the rifle with a lot of cold weather gear on.

Chris

3. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Most LOP are 13-1/4 more or less, actaully a bit too long for a LOT of folks. I am 6-4 and its OK for me, but my wife's rifle is 11-3/4 over the Pachmayer recoil pad. Thats why they make youth and ladies rifle stocks. The post above does accurately describe how to measure . Google it up for pics of how to do it. And good luck with your new stock; correct stock length is the most important part of accurate rifle shooting.

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009