Leica, what do we want them to manufacture?

BRF that would do 1000 meters on animals in all conditions. Inclinometer with option to show degrees and or cosign distance. Might as well have option for yards or meters. Lens caps. 8x42 or 8x32.
Advanced options would be similar to Vectors: lasing two points and getting the distance between them, gps integration.

Oh and Pete where is my 6x PMII?

How about putting a rangefinding function into their compact spotting scope instead of ever increasing bino set-up? It would improve the ability to view at longer distances, improve stability and provide better mounting optic than a bino set-up.

What I want, they already make!!! Tell them that we want the VECTOR SERIES for sale to the general public. PERIOD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'll take a VECTOR 1500GMD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Then we'd have Leica quality, and the new Leupold RX's "TRUE RANGE" finding capabilities, while having exceptional binoculars as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Leupold RX thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pete,

Ditto the comments of Meichele and Mindcrime!!! Availability of the Vector would be awsome. I know they have to try to make an item in a price range they think will sell, but in my opinion (for what it is worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) if they will build the ultimate range finding bino's, we will buy it........even if it is quite expensive.

Unfortunately guys Leica Sport Optics don't have anything more to do with the Vector. Leica geosystems have some rangfinding equipments and the Leica Vector is built today by a company called Vectronix in Switzerland, its not called the leica vector any more, just Vector.(www.vectronix.ch).
Still some gold ideas coming from you guys. keep it up, i'll pass it all on to Leica.
Pete

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately guys Leica Sport Optics don't have anything more to do with the Vector

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking, but wasnt too sure.

OK, how 'bout a vector 1500 type unit in the 10x50 range to sell to the civillian market.
Oh, and with wireless data transfer (bluetooth or something) to instantly transfer readings to palm pilot.

Well i had a very interesting day at Leica, I took along all your comments and a load of my own. I am sworn to secrecy on the content of the meeting. but i figure i can say keep wishing guys, cos you never know when wishes might just come true.
Pete

I re-read Ian's ideas and I think his suggestion of being able to program your velocity, bc, zero range, scope height etc into the unit would really work well. If it had an accurate pressure sensor/barometer of some type and an inclinometer it could pop up the proper come up in MOA or mils all adjusted for the distance and angle. It also might be nice to be able to manually enter comeups like an electronic range card. Maybe even a way to enter your guesstimate on wind and have it calculate windage. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.