• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leica Rangemaster LRF800 rangefinder

husdat

Leica LRF 800 Rangemaster
amazing rangefinder,
I found it much better than Bushnell and Nikon. the reading is is illimunated, not like the Nikon I owned. the Bushnell I owned uses a green LED to illuminate. bad idea, does not help to see in darkness at all.

$310 to your door.

Last edited:
please don't consider this a lowball but how about $230 shipped? Its all the cash I have available

let me know

Lucas

I am in need of cash. school has started again already, and there are many things to pay for. =X

How far out will this one range, I need to read out to at least 1000 yards.

Wildcat

this one can only measure up to 800 yards. thats what the specs say.

Bushnell Yardage pro 800, Nikon monarch 800, Leica LRF 800 reviews

this is my opinion after using the 3 rangefinders mentioned above.

the Bushnell....
PROS
it has highest magnifications (8x).
lighter weight.
most economical

CONS
poor optics, green LED installed and lights up when you press button to measure distance. this blocks your sight in the dark. seems to be a feature that works against its intention: to let you see in the dark.

OVERALL:
it pales comparing to the Nikon and Leica. (see below.)

the Nikon...
CONS
less magnification power than Bushnell (7x).
has smaller size and better grip.

PROS
but better optics and electronics.
it has the feature of picking near/far target.
picks up range quickly.

OVERALL:
ok, good feature of picking target, with a bit more $ I can get the Leica. (for used price, it is the same as the Leica.)

the Leica...
CONS
less mag than the Bushnell. same mag as Nikon (7x).
not very comfy grip comparing to Nikon.
the Nikon seems to pick up target a bit more easily.
no near/far target picking feature.

PROS
optics is most superior.
as soon as it picks up the distance, the measuring sign will disappear and the distance will show up.
it acts like a monocular when you do not measure anything.
most advantageous feature: the readings are illuminated by LEDs, which enables use in darkness. (very fine LED segment display.)
the Nikon and and Bushnell do not have this kind of thing. their readings are dark blue.

OVERALL: the Nikon has better electronics, but the Leica surpasses it in the overall. the Nikon and Bushnell will be hard to use if not unusable in darkness. so you will have only half of its use (day use only.) beside, the optics allows it to serve as a quality monocular. good deal, considering a 8x30 or smaller Leica binoculars sell for $400 and above.

Bushnell is the choice at constrained budget, definitely. but with $100 more, I would pick the Leica over the Nikon (used Nikon 800 and Leica 800 have about the same price, as said.)

Disclaimer:

I do this reviews based on my memories on the Bushnell 800 and Nikon 800. I no longer have them. correct me if I am wrong. I have no intention to badmouth against anyone / any company. I just do a reviews as others do for optical instruments. I do not work for Leica, though I hope to be hired as robotics/optics engineer when I get out of school. (Kowa, Zeiss, Swaro, Leica or Fujinon, please hire me..... I have a passion for optics and robotics:D)