Leica rangefinding Bino's

300 ultra

I finally looked through a pair and I cant believe how hard it is to see the yardage poping up in the glass. I even changed batteries to double check. Am I that blind or is the yardage very faint in those. My buddy said that he can see the yardage but agreed it definetly doesnt pop my Leica rangefinder only. Curious to peoples feedback.

I believe it's supposed to adjust to ambient light conditions automagically.
Were you trying this outdoors, or from inside the house?

I have an old pair of Leica Geovids. (early 1990's) The aiming square and readout adjust with ambient light, but they're easy to read in all lighting conditions. In fact they're too bright to use the rangefinder in moonlight because the square prevents seeing the object to be measured. . Thats true of my LRF-1200 too. What specific model were you using?

I don't know what you mean by "poping". The display just turns on and goes off after a timeout period.

Some of that could be setting the diopter for your eyes. There is a specific procedure for setting the Geovids. Sometimes mine are very bright and other conditions they are faint. Most times they are very bright. When they are faint, I worry that I have changed the adjustments.

Anyway, they are a great tool, love my Leica Geovids!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.