Leica rangefinder repair????

bighornbob

I recently purchased a used Leica 1200 yard rangefinder from a friend. After trying out on my archery range I realized the yardages it was computing were off by 20%. I called Leica with model and serial number, they stated I must send in unit for repair. I sent rangefinder to Leica for repair. They informed me that model has recently been replaced by the current model and they do not repair this model any more. ***? Why was I required to send rangefinder in for them to tell me they won't repair it? What kind of customer service is that? They did allow me a trade-in value equal to Zero$$. I can buy the current model on the internet for less than they offered me after trade in.
Has anyone had this problem with their Leica rangefinder?

I have a buddy that is in the same boat as you. His was 1 year and 1 month old and it just quit working. They said they would not do anything for him as it was over a year old and not to even bother sending it in. I think he paid like 700 for it and did not get 2 seasons out of it. Ouch!!

Please give me a call at the store tomorrow. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this situation. I am sure we can work together with Leica and have it work out amicably.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.